Friday, August 26, 2011

For Undergrads--How to Find Distribution/General Education Classes in the Online Courses of Study Site

It can be a bit tricky finding general education/distribution requirement classes in the online Courses of Study. Melanie Bell, the registrar, has provided the following tips.

Go to:

Students can search for any distribution requirement in Courses of Study by entering the requirement code (CA, HA, KCM, LA, SBA, PBS) as a keyword or phrase. There are actually two places you can put in keywords--the upper left search box and the right box under "course filter". Please remember to check each individual course to make sure it is actually designated--sometimes the search picks up other words e.g. "LAndscape" instead of LA.

The search above may not turn up all of the MQR and PBS classes but there are two additional links that you can use to find the rest.  Below are links directly to to MQR and PBS distribution requirements in Courses of Study:
· This is specifically under CRP.
· This list is for the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. Go to the listing of "Physical and Life Sciences" (note there are three separate sections all under this same heading).

Ann Forsyth.